Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Who's Life?

By Devin Mullin

Who’s life do I lead?
It can’t be mine.
My personal choices are considered crime.
When doing the right thing, I don’t feel like me.
I just have a different sense of prosperity.

The people who don’t relate,
for some reason have hate,
for me, my friends and the way I live.
To just be left alone there is nothing I wouldn’t give.
To not have to hear stop using, stop drinking,
and while your at it you might as well stop thinking.
You don’t need your own thoughts, I have plenty,
sift through them and try to find ten or twenty,
that you can stomach or with which you agree.
Now grow up and be exactly like me.

Some of them I know really do care,
there are just some things we’ll never share.
Nothing is worse than someone just wanting what’s best;
it’s all about the future, they don’t care about the rest.
What they don’t understand is even if they’re right,
I will never see that light,
because when the rebel in me dies, so does my soul.
Living outside the system is simply my goal.

I’m disgusted my the idea of a normal life,
of a picket fence, Volvo, some kids and a wife.
I don’t know what I should do, but I know what I won’t,
some people want to be normal, but I really don’t.
I’m done with being led, I’m taking control.
Too many commands have taken their toll.
It’ll be my life soon, I’ll do any deed.
It’s about damn time that I get to lead.

No comments: